So regarding part a - I decided to rebuild minefield last night on my home desktop. I did this partially because I still have not been able to checkout an XPS laptop from ORI but perhaps primarily because I had recently upgraded my computer from 1GB to 3GB of ram and was curious to see how that might affect the build time. As some of you may recall, when I first tried building the source tree on this machine it took no less than 10 hours, so I was rather curious to see how much shorter the process will be with the new hardware. Unfortunately however, I got an error during compilation and therefore I can't report on any improvements for now. I will be trying again shortly though and will post here if you are curious.
And as far as part b goes - I have given it some thought and came up with the following list of things I would like to achieve for my 1.0 release:
- File a bug with my 0.3 patch and get some feedback for the code.
- Work on the code in accordance with the feedback I receive.
- Get the code to work on macs.
- Get the JS portion out of the browser and into a proper extension.
- Improve the heuristics of the front end extension.
- Provide more information about the plugin that is causing the issue.
- Provide a way to disable the plugin.
- Add code to the front end JS that will collect and display statistical information about plugin runtime.
- Do plugin benchmarking and publish the results.